Wednesday, February 6, 2013

No sentiment cards

Good Morning! How are you doing on this fine Wednesday? We've made it to the middle of the work week so that means it should be smooth sailing from here. :-) So, my co-worker asked me to make her a set of cards with no sentiment on the outside and no sentiment on the inside. Well, no sentiment on the inside was easy because I make a lot of cards that are blank inside. However, I also thought that the no sentiment on the outside would be a piece of cake...no such luck. This was really a challenge for me because I realized that I make my cards based on the sentiment. For example, a birthday card is lively and fun, a thinking of you card is soft and sweet, etc. but no sentiment, where the heck do I begin?? It took me a little while to get my mojo going, but it finally kicked in (I think!).

Here are a couple of cards from the set (I'm making 24).
 
 
It took every ounce of restraint I had not to put a little something on that yellow tab! I used a great new paper pad from October Afternoon for both of these cards called Farm Girl. I {heart} this patterned paper! I'm starting on card number 23 now, I think they get a little better as I go. It's so funny how something that seemed so simple turned into a nice little challenge for me. I'll be sharing more of these no sentiment cards very soon. I hope the rest of your week is fantastic and thanks so much for stopping by!
 
Carol




 

No comments:

Post a Comment