Saturday, November 10, 2012

We learn something new every day

Hello Friends! I have a little trivia to share with you today. Did you know that the United States Marine Corps (USMC) is older than the United States of America? It's true, my co-worker shared this tidbit of information with me recently and I was utterly surprised. The Marines were created on November 10, 1775 and as you know the US declared it's independence on July 4, 1776. Pretty interesting, huh? You can read more about the USMC here: Wikipedia.

That bit of info brings me to my card. Not only did my co-worker share this fact with me, but she also asked me to make a card for her boyfriend. Her boyfriend served in the Marines and every year they celebrate the USMC birthday which is today. I thought that was so sweet and I was more than happy to whip up a little something for her. This is what I came up with:


This card was really fun to make. I love using patriotic colors because it just makes you feel so proud to be an American. I used a star print embossing folder for the base pattern and just built the card on top of that. I found these great Marine Corps stickers at my local scrapbook store and they fit perfectly onto my card. While we're celebrating the birthday of the Marine Corps, I would like to take this time to thank all of our brave men and women who are serving and have served in the armed forces. I appreciate all that you do!

I would also like to take this opportunity to wish all of our veteran's a Happy Veteran's Day tomorrow! My husband served in the Army so I have so much gratitude for all of those who risked their lives for our freedom.

I hope you all enjoyed today's post, and I thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment