Friday, May 3, 2013

T.G.I.F.!!!

Hello Friends and Happy Friday!!! You have no idea how happy I am that the weekend is finally here! We had some really bad rain here yesterday, there was some flash flooding and even a tornado touched down in Boca Raton! It was a crazy, wet day. I think there's more rain in the forecast today but hopefully it won't be anything like yesterday.

I'm looking forward to the weekend because my husband's birthday is tomorrow! He just wants to have a quiet, relaxing day and we'll go out to dinner in the evening. We were thinking about going out of town for the weekend, but it didn't pan out but I'm cool with being at home. :-)

So, today I have the last of the birthday cards to share with you:
 
The first card uses a library pocket embellishment with some patterned paper from Crate Paper. I used a die cut for the top and added the birthday sentiment. I also did a little stamping on the library pocket as well as a little swirl on the side of the card.
 
For the second card, what says birthday more than ice cream?! This one was pretty fun to make. Again, I used patterned paper from Crate Paper (Maggie Holmes collection) and used one of the doilies from the patterned paper to adhere my circle die cut into. I used a stamp set from Papertrey Ink called Comfort Food for the ice cream, bowls, and spoons. Love how this one turned out!
 
Well, I'm off to start getting ready for work hopefully the day will fly by! I hope you have a great day and a wonderful weekend. Thank you so much for stopping by!
Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment