Sunday, May 19, 2013

Did you miss me?

Hello Friends! I'm sorry that things have been so quiet on the blog here lately. Of course I have to ask...did you miss me? I sure missed you! Things have been kind of crazy around here lately and I just didn't have the extra time I needed to share with all of you.

One of the reasons why I was away from the blog is because I had to take a quick business trip to Orlando earlier this week. Although I was exhausted when I got back, it was so much fun. We did a team building exercise with the Disney Institute which was wonderful. We broke into several teams and played Pluto's Pursuit which was a scavenger hunt inside of Epcot. We had an entire booklet with questions and trivia that we had to answer inside all of the countries at Epcot. Can you say fun?! What was even more fun was that my team won!!!!

The next day we did behind the scenes at Disney which took us to the underground tunnels at Magic Kingdom. Can you say cool?! :-) We also went to their main laundry service. Sounds weird right? Well, they do 54 tons of laundry every 8 hours and their turnover rate for employment is in the single digits! They treat their employees so wonderful there! We also toured their 300,000 sq ft warehouse where they make all of the floats and they even built the monorail system they have at Disney. Unbelievable! Okay, so enough about that, I do have a couple of projects to share with you today. My co-worker asked me to make gift tags for all of the attendees at the meeting (52) and here's what I came up with:
 
I used different Disney character's for the tags - with Mickey being on the majority of them (of course!). Then another co-worker decided to stay in Orlando for the weekend with a few other co-workers for a Girls Only Weekend and she also asked for gift tags.
This whole tag was cut out using my Sihouette Cameo, don't you just love that high heeled shoe?! These were a lot of fun to make, and my co-worker really liked them which is always the goal! Well, I think that's it for me today. I apologize for the lengthy post, but I missed you guys! :-) Have a great Sunday and thanks for stopping by!
Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment