Friday, May 29, 2015

Soda or Pop?

Hello Friends! Happy Friday! The weekend is here and I have to say that the week literally flew by! I actually took the day off yesterday, dropped Paige at school and then went home and crafted my little heart out! I finally finished a set of cards for my sweet friend Chi and I made a few other cards that have been on my to-do list for awhile. It was a really nice relaxing day, YAY me!

I have a couple of cards to share with you today. These cards are from the set I made for my friend Jeanette.
 
Okay, so I have to start off by saying, aren't these cards cute?! I will admit that I'm an undercover corn ball and I love punny sayings! For some reason I had it in my head that I wanted to make some cards with soda or pop (depending on where in live), or in this case both - BONUS! I'm originally from Ohio and we say "Pop" but when I moved to south Florida, they say Soda so now I usually say soda because no one understands what you mean when you say Pop! LOL!
 
I found the soda pop image in the Silhouette Design Store and cut all the pieces using my trusty Silhouette, Cammie (yes she has a name!). I had purchased the bottle caps awhile ago from Michael's, the brand is DCWV. I used some chevron stripe patterned paper at the top to give the look of an awning and I embossed a couple of sheets of cardstock to kinda make it look like the bottle is sitting on a table or bench. Then it was time for the punny saying I've "soda" been thinking about you! That totally makes me smile! My girlfriend loved these cards, and she thought the saying was clever!
 
On another note that's completely off the subject of crafting, have you tried New England Coffee??? I've been hearing their commercials on the radio and I finally decided to try it. I got the Donut Shop Blend and let me tell you, it's really good! I'm usually a Dunkin Donuts snob, but this coffee is really smooth, light and right up my alley. We have a Keurig so I bought the k-cups and as soon as I opened the bag, it smelled divine! I highly recommend it! :-)
 
Well, I think I've rambled enough today, LOL! Have a happy Friday, and a fantastic weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
Carol  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment