Monday, May 18, 2015

Teacher Appreciation

Hello Friends! Did you have a nice weekend? Mine was pretty good, Paige and I hung out with her Godmother on Saturday and that was fun. She has two golden retrievers and I wasn't sure how Paige would react because she's never been around dogs before. Well she was very comfortable with them, it was really cute. The funny thing was every time she decided to pet them she would say HI! in her high pitch sweet voice, I guess she wanted to let them know that she comes in peace! LOL! She would pat their heads and their noses, I'm sure she was fascinated that she found a couple of noses that are just as wet as hers! LOL! Now that I know she's okay with dogs, I'm sure we'll be heading over to their neck of the woods again soon.

I still can't believe it's already Monday, why does the weekend go so fast?! Well, at least we have next Monday to look forward to since many of us have Memorial Day off. I'm really looking forward to that! So, today I little notepad to share that I made for Paige's teachers for Teacher Appreciation week. I tell ya, I had some lofty plans in mind for them but with Mother's Day, and my husband's birthday all falling in the same week, I just couldn't do it. I'll keep the ideas in mind for end of year gifts, which thankfully isn't until October.
The teachers absolutely loved the notepads, but I really felt bad that it was the only papercrafting project I was able to complete. I did, however make homemade chocolate chip cookies for them to close out the week, so I was glad I was able to do that. For these notepads I used some patterned paper I bought from Michael's a couple of years ago and I have no idea who the manufacturer is, sorry! The pencils were cut with a new die from PTI called Pencil Me In and the Notes sentiment is from PTI's Take Note stamp set. I shaded the sentiment with white ink to give it a chalkboard look, and basically that was it. These notepads really come in handy and you all know that I just love making them!
 
Well, I better get ready for work! Thank you very much for stopping by and have a great Monday!
 
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment