Saturday, March 28, 2015

A set of cards for mom

Hello Friends! Happy Saturday! I didn't think the weekend would ever get here! Did anyone else feel like this was a LONG week? Geez, I was exhausted on Wednesday, LOL!! But, the weekend is here and I am so happy! Today, I'll be taking Paige to a birthday party. My friend's daughter is turning one so it should be a lot of fun. I'm hoping to get a little crafting time in this evening. I'm trying something new, and that's crafting at night after I put Paige to bed. It's a little hard because I'm sleepy too, but I'm thinking that it's worth a shot at least on the weekends. It's nice and quiet, no interruptions, so we'll see how it goes.

Today, I want to share the cards that I made for my mom. When she got them she told me that it was like opening a spring bouquet! How sweet was that! I mean I know she's my mom and all, but dang that was really sweet!! I made her a set of 6 cards with a little holder and I'm so happy she like them.



That little box is quickly becoming my go-to box! It's made with the Silhouette and it's a snap to put together. I used patterned paper from Authentique to pretty up the chipboard, and then I added a sticker I had from Simple Stories. I decided to go with a couple of hello cards, sympathy cards, and birthday cards for this set. I've made those sympathy cards before but I really like the layout so I decided to make a few of those to have on hand. The birthday cards are made with the Shakers & Sprinkles set by PTI, and lastly the hello cards are made with a stamp set from My Favorite Things. I think it's called Abstract Art. I just stamped randomly and added the sentiment, I'm normally all about a dimensional card, but I decided to make all these relatively flat. It makes it a little easier for my mom to mail. It's all about mom! :-)
 
Well, I hope the rest of your weekend is fabulous! Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment