Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hello Friends! Happy 2014!!! I hope you all rang in the new year with those you love and had a good time doing it! It was pretty quiet around the Weatherspoon household, we turned on Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve just in time to see the ball drop. We popped open a bottle of Moet and toasted to the new year. I must say that 2013 was amazing for us, but I know 2014 will be even better as we watch our little girl grow.

So, last year I made a few resolutions (or revolutions as the kid says in the AT&T commercial - LOL!) and now is time for me to see if I accomplished them:
  1. Be an awesome wife - mission accomplished!
  2. Be a fantastic friend - mission accomplished!
  3. Blog More - I would like to post at least twice per week. - I think I did pretty good with this one
  4. Read More - I think I only read 2-3 books this year and that's just not right. So, I would like to read at least 6 books next year. - Didn't quite meet this one, I think I read 3 books last year
  5. Work on my photography skills. If that means taking a photography class or looking up a bunch of videos on YouTube, I would like to see my pictures look better on the blog. - this will be better in 2014, I'll share why soon!
  6. Open my Etsy shop. This is a BIG goal for 2013, I've discussed this at length with friends and now I just need to do it! - didn't even come close to accomplishing this one!
  7. Sell my cards and other papercrafts at a local Farmer's Market. I've heard that this is a great way to get started with selling crafts on a local level. - mission not accomplished!
  8. Continue to exercise at least 3-4 times per week (and hopefully drop a few pounds in the process!) - I did great with this one. I gained 16lbs during my pregnancy and so far I've lost 25lbs. I started going back to the gym (I was just doing the treadmill at home) so hopefully I will see lots of progress with this one.
  9. Mail more cards. Isn't it funny, I make so many cards throughout the year and mail so few of them! I would really like to start mailing just because cards to friends and family just to let them know how much I love them. - I did better, but still need to work on this!
I must say that I think I did pretty darn good! This year, I really don't have a list of resolutions because this year my main priority is to be a good mommy and continue being a loving wife! Of course I will still craft my little heart out, but the most important thing for me is family.

Will you have any New Year's Resolutions? If so, I wish you much success and remember don't get so caught up on the small stuff, set reasonable goals so you can celebrate often!

Have a great start to the new year and thanks so much for stopping by!
Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment