Saturday, August 3, 2013

ViewMaster Birthday card

Hello Friends! I hope you've had a great week and your weekend is off to a wonderful start! My week was pretty good, kinda busy but busy is good, right? Today I'm heading off to get another pregnancy massage, so I'm definitely looking forward to that. Tomorrow we're invited to a birthday party (yup another one) but I think I'll leave my dancing shoes at home this time. LOL!

I made today's card for my very sweet friend and co-worker, Sheri. Her birthday was earlier this week so I thought I would make a nostalgic card for her. Do you remember the ViewMaster?? I sure do, I loved that thing when I was a kid! It's funny because after I gave it to her she had it on display on her desk and she said people kept coming over and asking her if it was real! LOL!
I made this card using my Silhouette for the ViewMaster (isn't it cute?!), and I used the Maggie Holmes collection from Crate Paper for my patterned paper. I think I need to get another pack of that paper because I absolutely LOVE IT!! I had some wood veneer cameras that I sprayed with mist and added to the top along with a chipboard piece that I stamped. I used Papertrey Ink stamps for the sentiment and also their die cut for the shape at the bottom. This card truly makes me smile, and what makes me smile even more was that my friend really liked it!
 
Well, that's it for me today I hope you have a great Saturday! Thank you for stopping by and I'll be posting again real soon!
Carol


No comments:

Post a Comment