Wednesday, June 26, 2013

More birthday cards

Hello Friends! It's hump day, yea!! This week seems to be moving along a little sluggishly for me, I am so ready for the weekend! I know I've mentioned in the past, that birthday cards are some of my favorite cards to make, not to mention the most popular. I don't know about you, but I love to receive actual birthday cards. I know many of us are busy and the e-cards are a good alternative, but I LOVE paper and I'm so happy to see that many of my friends and co-worker's still enjoy sending birthday cards as well.

With that said, I just finished making a set of birthday cards for a co-worker so I'll be sharing those with you over the next few days. Here are the first two cards:
 
Both cards were made with a stamp set from Papertrey Ink called Up, Up and Away. I used patterned paper from Crate Paper's Maggie Holmes collection (love it!) and I die cut the perforated paper, added the blue sky and clouds with my ink dauber, and also die cut the hot air balloons. Then I stamped the balloon images and added them to the card along with my fave embellishment - enamel dots! These cards truly make me smile (well there's really not much that doesn't make me smile - LOL!!)
 
Well, I guess I should start getting ready for work! I hope you enjoyed today's post and as always, thank you so much for stopping by!
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment