Monday, January 7, 2013

A note of thanks

Hello Friends! I hope you all had a great weekend! We spent the weekend, relaxing, watching movies, and watching football! We went to a local sportsbar yesterday to watch the Baltmore Ravens game so we could see Ray Lewis in his last home game. What a great game, and what a wonderful way for Ray Lewis to go out. If you didn't watch it, they actually brought him in on offense (he's a defensive player for those that don't know him) for the last play of the game where he did his signature dance, it was awesome! I love football!!

Okay, back to today's post! I made this card for a sweet lady at church who makes the most delicious desserts. She made us a cake and banana pudding for Christmas and as always everything was fantastic. The family loved it! So, for this card I challenged myself to make a single layer card. Let me tell you, it was really tough! I love layers, I love embellishments, and most of all I LOVE patterned paper so for me to make a card with just stamping and a sentiment was a stretch! But, I must say it was fun and I it was a good challenge.


What do you think? I think I like the way it turned out, sweet, simple, and the colors work well together. I will definitely work on more single layer cards in the future! Well, I hope you all are having a great start to your week and thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment