Sunday, September 13, 2015

Have a rockin' senior year

Hello Friends! Are you having a nice weekend? My weekend has been nice, quiet, and relaxing. I was able to get some crafting done yesterday and that always makes for a great day! I'm actually starting on Paige's birthday invitations, I can't believe she's going to be two already! This year has absolutely flown by but it's so awesome to see her learn and grow. We've been practicing her ABC's and she recognizes letters everywhere! It's so cute, and she's so proud of herself, I love it!

Speaking of ABC's and learning, my co-worker asked me to make a card for her nephew who is a senior in high school this year. So, that posed two problems for me...first he's a boy and you know I have a hard time with masculine cards, and second he's a teenager! Geez, what the heck do I know about teenage boys...absolutely NOTHING! LOL! But, I love a challenge so I came up with this card.
 
I figured that I couldn't go wrong with an iPod!! I recently purchased the Keep On Rockin' stamp/die set from MFT and I must say that I love it! I can't wait to make a really girly card with it! I found the sheet music patterned paper at Hobby Lobby and just accented it with green cardstock. I'm not sure if you can see that little music note inside of the iPod, but it looked really cute in person! LOL! My co-worker said the card was perfect and she really liked it.
 
So, now that I've wiped the sweat from my brow after working on a card for teenage boy, I was able to make a few other cards that were more my speed. I'll be sharing those soon.
 
I hope you have a great Sunday, I know I will it's FOOTBALL SEASON! I'm so excited to watch the NFL today, I love me some football! Enjoy your day and thank you so much for stopping by!
 
Carol


No comments:

Post a Comment