Saturday, June 13, 2015

Birthday cards

Hello Friends! Happy Saturday! Did you have a good week? My week started out kind of yucky because I took Paige to her first dentist appointment and I think we are both traumatized! Oh my goodness, I have never seen this little girl cry the way she did! She's very particular about her face and mouth so when they went in there to clean her teeth it was on! I usually sing to her in order for her to open her mouth to let me brush, but needless to say the toothbrush song didn't work at the dentist office! After her cleaning, I held her and calmed her down but then came the dentist. As soon as he put his fingers in her mouth, down she bit!! She was pretty much over it. But, she got a great report and her teeth are very healthy, but I told my husband he's taking her to the next appointment! LOL!

So, I recently made a set of birthday cards for my sweet friend Chi and I'll be sharing a couple of them with you today.
Don't you just love that script font? The stamp set is from PTI and it's called Graceful Greetings, it's definitely going to one of my go-to sentiment stamps. I wanted to make the sentiment the star of the show, so I added a couple of small flowers (also from the set) and a couple of the stars for the more masculine card. I also added a few enamel dots to finish off the cards. Sometimes less is more, and I feel this is one of those times where that worked out well.
 
Do you have any plans today? Hopefully it's nice and sunny where you are and you'll have a chance to get out there and enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
 
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment