Monday, April 25, 2016

Kindness

Hello Friends! I hope you all had a great weekend! We went bowling on Saturday to "Strike out Cancer" a fundraiser that my husband's co-worker invited us to attend. We had a great time, and it felt really good to give to such a worthy cause.

Today's post is all about kindness. With all the crazy news stories out there, it makes it hard to remember that people truly can be kind. I live my life filled with kindness, and it's amazing how far something as simple as a smile can go. Quick story...I stopped by CVS on my lunch break on Friday (they always have great prices on chocolate), while I was there the gentleman at the register mentioned that I had a nice smile. Not flirting or anything, just making a statement. When I got back to work I couldn't find my badge to get in, and that's never a good thing! I patiently waited for someone to let me in and when I got back to my desk, I decided to wait a little while before I made the dreaded call that I lost my badge, AGAIN! About 30 minutes later I received a phone call, and it was the gentleman from CVS. He told me that he found my badge and it would be in the manager's office when I pick it up. How nice was that!! I was completely surprised, and it just made me feel good to know that a total stranger was willing to go the extra mile to show kindness.

So, needless to say today's card is about kindness...
I posted this card on Instagram a few days ago (yes I'm on Instagram - carolscustomcards), and I wanted to make sure I posted it on the blog as well! Instagram is totally addicting, I absolutely cannot get enough! So many talented people out there with amazing cards and scrapbook pages, total eye candy!
 
I hope you have a great Monday and an awesome week! Thanks for stopping by!
 
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment