Saturday, July 4, 2015

Keep Calm and Teach On

Hello Friends! Happy 4th of July! Do you have plans to barbeque, get your drink on (even it's just soda), and see some fireworks? We've invited friends and family over to our house for all of the above! Right now the sky is dark, and there's some thunder going on but hopefully we'll have a downpour now so it can clear up later. Keep your fingers crossed!

Today, I have a couple of projects to share with you. The lead teacher in Paige's classroom has been out with a back injury for the past couple of weeks and Paige misses her dearly! The two of them created a bond when she was in the infant room, and now they are BFF's! I wanted to make her a card to let her know that Paige is thinking about her, and I made another project that she can hopefully put on the wall in her classroom.

Remember when I mentioned that I had another shaker card to share, well that cute pencil is it! Isn't it adorable! It's perfect for a teacher, and it would also be cute for a set of Just a Note cards and I'm sure I'll be using it again and again.
 
The canvas project was done using my Silhouette. I downloaded the apple and sentiment from the Silhouette School blog it was a freebie! I must say that adding vinyl to canvas is NOT easy! I had to prime the canvas using two coats of gesso, then I added a coat of mod podge. I thought it would work if I added the vinyl while the mod podge was wet, but that was not the case! I waited for it to dry completely, then I was able to transfer the vinyl a little easier. This project was a little tougher than I anticipated but I'm glad I hung in there because I love the results.
 
Well, I need to start cleaning the house and get ready for our guests. Have a happy and safe 4th of July!
 
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment