Sunday, June 3, 2018

Crafting with heat transfer vinyl

Hello Friends! I wanted to pop in quickly today to share a cute project made with heat transfer vinyl (HTV). If you're not familiar with HTV, you are missing out on some fun! There are ton of videos on YouTube if you're interested. So, I recently purchased some gold glitter HTV and I could not wait to use it! I had some canvas totes that I bought from Michael's forever ago, and decided to finally open the package and use one for this project. I wanted to do something for the awesome young lady that braids my daughter's hair, so I cut out the name of her business along with a design from the Silhouette Design Store using my Silhouette Cameo. I'm not fortunate enough to have a heat press so I used my trusty home iron to transfer the vinyl onto the tote.
I was able to get the cutest model I know to hold the bag for me! :-) I really love how this turned out and the glitter vinyl looks amazing in person. I can't wait to give it to her and  you can follow her on instagram @ohmibraids to see her awesome work!

Well, it's shaping it to be a HOT day here. I hope you're staying cool and enjoying the sunshine as well! Have a great day!

Hugs,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment